A more robust leave in conditioner for your beard made from natural ingredients that are good for your hair and skin. (4 oz).
HOW TO USE IT
Beard balm is best applied after a shower when your beard is towel-dried, but still damp. Scrape about a nickel sized dollop out of the jar with your thumb and place in the palm of your hand (less for short beards, more for long beards). Rub it around in your palms until it is melted, and then apply thoroughly to your beard. Make sure you get all the way through to your skin. Work the balm through your beard (don't forget the 'stache). When the balm is thoroughly applied, comb your beard to neaten it out and evenly distribute the oils. Some men like to also use a boar's hair brush for this purpose.
WHAT'S IN IT
- BEESWAX: Bees make it, so it's a natural product. It has a nice feel, a light, pleasant smell, and is rich in Vitamin A. It's what gives beard balm its hold.
- SHEA BUTTER: Another natural product that comes from the nuts of the African Karite tree. It's full of Vitamins A, E and F as well as antioxidents, so it's great for your skin. It's often used on its own as an anti-irritant.
- COCOA BUTTER: This comes from Cocoa beans and is also used in making chocolates! It, along with the Shea butter, is what gives beard balm its spreading texture and allows it to be absorbed by your beard hair.
- SWEET ALMOND OIL: A cold pressed oil made from almonds. It softens and conditions your hair, and is really good for your skin (it's commonly used in therapeutic massage). It helps prevent itchy, dry skin beneath your beard. It also helps prevent ingrown hairs.
- JOJOBA OIL: This is actually a liquid wax. It is very similar to your natural skin oils and therefore is easily absorbed by the skin. It contains vitamins A, D and E, all of which are good for your hair and skin.
- ENERGIZING BLEND: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. A scent designed to increase alertness and energy. It is a very fresh, crisp, cool scent. (Bonus feature: these three essential oils also act as a natural insect repellent!)
- AUTUMN SPICE: Orange, Cinnamon, Patchouli and Clove. A warm and spicy blend that calls to mind autumn leaves, bonfires, and mulled apple cider.
- SCOTCH PINE: Scotch Pine, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, and Rosemary. A clean, fresh scent that is like strolling through a grove of evergreens after a spring rain.
- GHILLIE: Vetiver, Orange, Rosemary and Lavender. This organic, earthy smelling blend is evokes memories of a day spent stalking the deer through the damp heather, with dirt under your nails and the threat of a thunderstorm in the wind.
- SUNDAY MORNING: Frankincense, Myrrh, and Coffee. Our holiest scent! It smells like that moment when the incense at High Mass wafts into your mustache and blends with the remnants of that morning's cup of Java... in other words, heavenly.
- EXSULTET: Frankincense, Patchouli, Myrrh, Balsam, Lavendar. A rich, heady scent reminiscent of the sacred chrism used at baptisms in many Catholic and Orthodox churches.