For Beard & Moustache
4 oz jar
The rugged men on St. Kilda had to do the best they could with the few natural resources they had. One thing they had in abundance was sheep. Sheep skin produces a natural oil called lanolin, which coats and protects their wool. We figured lanolin should be good for the wool growing on your face, too. We were right! Lanolin is a wonderful conditioning agent that locks existing moisture into the hair and draws in additional moisture from the surrounding air. People with thick, curly hair have long found lanolin to be excellent for softening their hair. We've combined the benefits of lanolin with beeswax, shea butter and jojoba oil to produce an absolutely amazing conditioning wax for your beard. Beard wax will not only protect your beard from the elements, it will also help tame any flyaway hairs and keep your beard looking its best all day long.
HOW TO USE IT
Our Beard Wax applies the same as our beard balm. Scrape about a nickel sized dollop out of the jar with your thumb and place in the palm of your hand (less for short beards, more for long beards). Rub it around in your palms until it is melted, and then apply thoroughly to your beard. Make sure you get all the way through to your skin. Work the wax through your beard (don't forget the 'stache). When the wax is thoroughly applied, comb your beard to neaten it out and evenly distribute.
- ENERGIZING BLEND: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. A scent designed to increase alertness and energy. It is a very fresh, crisp, cool scent. (Bonus feature: these three essential oils also act as a natural insect repellent!)
- AUTUMN SPICE: Orange, Cinnamon, Patchouli and Clove. A warm and spicy blend that calls to mind autumn leaves, bonfires, and mulled apple cider.
- PATCHOULI MINT: Patchouli, Cedarwood, Spearmint, and Eucalyptus. This is a bright and refreshing take on the popular patchouli scent. Something magical happens when patchouli and mint come together that you simply need to smell to believe.
- SCOTCH PINE: Scotch Pine, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, and Rosemary. A clean, fresh scent that is like strolling through a grove of evergreens after a spring rain.
- GHILLIE: Vetiver, Orange, Rosemary and Lavender. This organic, earthy smelling blend is named after those Highland men who worked closest to the land, the ghillie. Subtle and masculine, this is the sent of a day spent stalking the deer through the damp heather, with dirt under your nails, with the threat of a thunderstorm on the breeze.
- VILLAGE BAY: Bay, Orange, Clove, Allspice. A rich, masculine scent reminiscent of bay rum. Named for the largest bay in St. Kilda.
- SUNDAY MORNING: Frankincense, Myrrh, and Coffee. Our holiest scent! It smells like that moment when the incense at High Mass wafts into your mustache and blends with the remnants of that morning's cup of Java... in other words, heavenly.
- SANCTUS: Frankincense, Myrrh, Cedarwood, Orange. A crisp, light scent with notes of cedar and citrus. "His beauty will be like the olive tree and his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon" (Hosea 14:6).
- EXSULTET: Frankincense, Patchouli, Myrrh, Balsam, Lavendar. A rich, heady scent reminiscent of the sacred chrism used at baptisms.
- TABULA RASA: From the Latin for "blank slate." This unscented version is perfect for men who don't wear a scent, or who don't want anything that would compete with their cologne. Tabula Rasa contains no essential oils and so is especially recommended for those with very sensitive skin.