Hand crafted natural soap.
(approx. 3.5 oz bar)
Why use handmade soap, when regular soap from the store is so cheap? What's the difference?
To begin with, most "soaps" being sold today are not truly soaps. They are chemical detergents, which do a great job getting things clean, but are also very harsh and even damaging to your skin. Most commercial "soaps" contain, in addition to cleaning agents, hardeners, whiteners, lather boosters, and chemical fragrances, all of which are designed to make the detergent smell pretty and look like we think soap is supposed to look, i.e. white and bubbly. The downside to all of this is that these chemicals don't add any cleaning power and can actually damage your skin, robbing it of its natural moisture. (Have you ever wondered why you feel the need to apply lotion right after a bath or shower?)
Our hand made soaps, by contrast, are true soaps, made the old fashioned way using vegetable fats/oils and lye (see note about lye below). Our all natural ingredients are gentler on your skin and much less likely to trigger allergies. Plus, you are getting an artisan, hand made product and supporting a small family business with your purchase!
WHAT'S IN IT?
Saponified oils of soybean, palm, olive, coconut, and essential oils.
IS THERE LYE IN IT?
Lye is used in the soap making process. It is what transforms the natural oils into soap. However, all of the lye is consumed during the process, so no lye remains in the finished product.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Given the variables involved (how often you shampoo, how many people in your household are using it, how much lather you like to use, how you are storing it, etc.) it's impossible for us to say. On average, for a single user, assuming you store the soap properly, a standard size bar should last 4 to 6 weeks.
HOW TO STORE IT
To get the most life out of your beard bar, please keep it in a soap dish or shower caddy that is either vented or ribbed to allow the soap to dry between uses. Do not let it sit in water.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND YOUR SOLID SHAMPOO BAR?
The shampoo bar contains a few more luxury ingredients that give it a richer, creamier lather more suited for a shampoo. You may certainly use our shampoo bar as a soap for your body if you like.
- ENERGIZING BLEND: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. A scent designed to increase alertness and energy. It is a very fresh, crisp, cool scent. (Bonus feature: these three essential oils also act as a natural insect repellent!)
- AUTUMN SPICE: Orange, Cinnamon, Patchouli and Clove. A warm and spicy blend that calls to mind autumn leaves, bonfires, and mulled apple cider.
- SCOTCH PINE: Scotch Pine, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, and Rosemary. A clean, fresh scent that is like strolling through a grove of evergreens after a spring rain.
- PATCHOULI MINT: Patchouli, Cedarwood, and Spearmint. The rich, slightly spicy earthy scent of patchouli blends with the light and refreshing scent of mint to create something truly magical in one of our most unique scents.
- GHILLIE: Vetiver, Orange, Rosemary and Lavender. This organic, earthy smelling blend is evokes memories of a day spent stalking the deer through the damp heather, with dirt under your nails and the threat of a thunderstorm in the wind.
- SUNDAY MORNING: Frankincense, Myrrh, and Coffee. Our holiest scent! It smells like that moment when the incense at High Mass wafts into your mustache and blends with the remnants of that morning's cup of Java... in other words, heavenly.
- EXSULTET: Frankincense, Patchouli, Myrrh, Balsam, Lavendar. A rich, heady scent reminiscent of the sacred chrism used at baptisms in many Catholic and Orthodox churches.