A leave in conditioner for your beard made from natural oils that are good for your hair and skin. Daily application of beard oil keeps your beard hair soft and healthy, and also prevents itchy, dry skin and that dreaded face dandruff!
SPECIAL COLLECTION SCENTS
Our special collection beard oils are made from the same high quality, all natural ingredients as all of our beard oils, but feature special, more robust scents. Crafting these recipes requires exotic and more costly essential oils, which adds to the cost of the finished product.
USQUEBAUGH - The Gaelic word for "whisky" is usquebaugh, which literally translates as "the water of life." Other whisky scented beard care products on the market are made using artificial fragrance oils, which we avoid in all St. Kilda Beard Care products. After much research and experimentation, we believe we have created a scent evocative of Scotch whisky using only all natural essential oils. Crafted from a blend of oakmoss, vanilla, and a few other select essential oils (Shhhh! We're keeping the recipe a secret!), this scent is rich, sweet, and slightly intoxicating!
HEBRIDEAN AMBER - This scent is more like a cologne than any of our other offerings. Made using amber, vanilla, angelica root and patchouli essential oils, this is a heady, romantic aroma perfect for those special occasions. Our founder says: "This one is a little stronger than I like for every day wear, but my wife absolutely loves this scent! That makes it my beard oil of choice for date night."
HOW TO USE IT
Beard oil is best applied after a shower when your beard is towel-dried, but still damp. Put about a nickel sized amount in the palm of your hand (less for short beards, more for long beards). Rub that through your fingers on both hands, and then apply thoroughly to your beard. Make sure you get all the way through to your skin. Work the oil through your beard (don't forget the 'stache). When the oil is thoroughly applied, comb your beard to neaten it out and evenly distribute the oils. Some men like to also use a boar's hair brush for this purpose.
WHAT'S IN IT
- SWEET ALMOND OIL: A cold pressed oil made from almonds. It softens and conditions your hair, and is really good for your skin (it's commonly used in therapeutic massage). It helps prevent itchy, dry skin beneath your beard. It also helps prevent ingrown hairs.
- ARGAN OIL: From the Argan tree in Morocco. This cold pressed oil is extremely good for your hair, and has been used to condition and soften hair for centuries. It also makes your skin softer and has anti-aging properties.
- JOJOBA OIL: This is actually a liquid wax. It is very similar to your natural skin oils and therefore is easily absorbed by the skin. It contains vitamins A, D and E, all of which are good for your hair and skin.
- HEMP SEED OIL: This cold pressed oil contains Vitamin E and is rich in fatty acids which soften and coats the hair, preventing moisture loss. Used by many in the skin and hair care industry as a natural moisturizer.
- VITAMIN E OIL: Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant known to make hair more lustrous, shinier, and stronger. It's been known to stimulate hair growth. It also acts as a skin moisturizer and promotes general skin health.
- ENERGIZING BLEND: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. A scent designed to increase alertness and energy. It is a very fresh, crisp, cool scent. (Bonus feature: these three essential oils also act as a natural insect repellent!)
- AUTUMN SPICE: Orange, Cinnamon, Patchouli and Clove. A warm and spicy blend that calls to mind autumn leaves, bonfires, and mulled apple cider.
- SCOTCH PINE: Scotch Pine, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, and Rosemary. A clean, fresh scent that is like strolling through a grove of evergreens after a spring rain.
- GHILLIE: Vetiver, Orange, Rosemary and Lavender. This organic, earthy smelling blend is evokes memories of a day spent stalking the deer through the damp heather, with dirt under your nails and the threat of a thunderstorm in the wind.
- SUNDAY MORNING: Frankincense, Myrrh, and Coffee. Our holiest scent! It smells like that moment when the incense at High Mass wafts into your mustache and blends with the remnants of that morning's cup of Java... in other words, heavenly.
- EXSULTET: Frankincense, Patchouli, Myrrh, Balsam, Lavendar. A rich, heady scent reminiscent of the sacred chrism used at baptisms in many Catholic and Orthodox churches.