A solid shampoo for your beard and hair.
(approx. 3.5 oz per bar - delivered in keepsake linen bags)
A solid shampoo is just what it sounds like. It is shampoo for your hair, but in a solid soap form. What are the advantages of our solid shampoo?
First, our solid shampoo is handmade from all natural, high quality ingredients. Most common shampoos on the market contain harsh chemicals such as ammonium lauryl sulfate, ammonium laureth sulfate and cocamidopropyl betain, which actually strip the natural oil from your hair, leaving it dry and brittle. This is why most people need to use a conditioner after shampooing, and why many hair experts advise not to shampoo every day. Our solid shampoo, by contrast, is made from ingredients that are gentle on your hair and skin.
Second, shampoo in a solid form comes in handy! It's great for travel to avoid the issue of liquids on an airplane. It's great for camping, too. You can leave it in your travel bag and not have to worry about the cap popping open and spilling shampoo on everything you own.
WHAT'S IN IT
Saponified oils of coconut, castor, olive, jojoba and cocoa butter, egg yoke (from one of our own free-range hens), and essential oils.
IS THERE LYE IN IT?
Lye is used in the soap making process. It is what transforms the natural oils into soap. However, all of the lye is consumed during the process, so no lye remains in the finished product.
HOW TO USE IT
If you've never used solid shampoo before, you might be confused. But there is nothing magical or complicated about it. Just rub a few times over your beard or hair, then work it in with your fingers until you get a good lather. Rinse it out, and you are all done!
HOW LONG DOES A BAR LAST?
Given the variables involved (how often you shampoo, how many people in your household are using it, how much lather you like to use, how you are storing it, etc.) it's impossible for us to say. On average, for a single user, assuming you store the soap properly, a standard size bar should last about a month.
HOW TO STORE IT
To get the most life out of your shampoo bar, please keep it in a soap dish or shower caddy that is either vented or ribbed to allow the soap to dry completely between uses. Do not let it sit in water.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SHAMPOO BAR AND THE BODY BAR?
The shampoo bar contains a more luxury ingredients that give it a richer, creamier lather more suited for a shampoo. You may certainly use our shampoo bar as a soap for your body if you like, but it will not last as long as the body bar, which is a harder soap.
- ENERGIZING BLEND: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. A scent designed to increase alertness and energy. It is a very fresh, crisp, cool scent. (Bonus feature: these three essential oils also act as a natural insect repellent!)
- AUTUMN SPICE: Orange, Cinnamon, Patchouli and Clove. A warm and spicy blend that calls to mind autumn leaves, bonfires, and mulled apple cider.
- SCOTCH PINE: Scotch Pine, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, and Rosemary. A clean, fresh scent that is like strolling through a grove of evergreens after a spring rain.
- PATCHOULI MINT: Patchouli, Cedarwood, and Spearmint. The rich, slightly spicy earthy scent of patchouli blends with the light and refreshing scent of mint to create something truly magical in one of our most unique scents.
- GHILLIE: Vetiver, Orange, Rosemary and Lavender. This organic, earthy smelling blend is evokes memories of a day spent stalking the deer through the damp heather, with dirt under your nails and the threat of a thunderstorm in the wind.
- SUNDAY MORNING: Frankincense, Myrrh, and Coffee. Our holiest scent! It smells like that moment when the incense at High Mass wafts into your mustache and blends with the remnants of that morning's cup of Java... in other words, heavenly.
- EXSULTET: Frankincense, Patchouli, Myrrh, Balsam, Lavender. A rich, heady scent reminiscent of the sacred chrism used at baptisms in many Catholic and Orthodox churches.