Choose from one of our three-packs of 1/2 oz sample size beard oils, each shipped in a gift pouch.
Our Classic Sample Pack contains three perennial favorites: Autumn Spice, Patchouli Mint, and Energizing Blend. These three scents range from light and fresh to dark and spicy.
Our Highland Trio Sample Pack includes our three Scottish-inspired scents: Scotch Pine, Village Bay (named for the largest bay on St. Kilda), and Ghillie. These are all very natural, earthy scents, which also give you a range from light and refreshing to more musky tones.
Finally, our popular Trinity Sample Pack features our three frankincense-based scents: Sunday Morning, Exsultet and Sanctus.
Daily application of beard oil keeps your beard hair soft and healthy, and also prevents itchy, dry skin and that dreaded face dandruff!
HOW TO USE IT
Beard oil is best applied after a shower when your beard is towel-dried, but still damp. Put about a nickel sized amount in the palm of your hand (less for short beards, more for long beards). Rub that through your fingers on both hands, and then apply thoroughly to your beard. Make sure you get all the way through to your skin. Work the oil through your beard (don't forget the 'stache). When the oil is thoroughly applied, comb your beard to neaten it out and evenly distribute the oils. Some men like to also use a boar's hair brush for this purpose.
WHAT'S IN IT
- SWEET ALMOND OIL: A cold pressed oil made from almonds. It softens and conditions your hair, and is really good for your skin (it's commonly used in therapeutic massage). It helps prevent itchy, dry skin beneath your beard. It also helps prevent ingrown hairs.
- ARGAN OIL: From the Argan tree in Morocco. This cold pressed oil is extremely good for your hair, and has been used to condition and soften hair for centuries. It also makes your skin softer and has anti-aging properties.
- JOJOBA OIL: This is actually a liquid wax. It is very similar to your natural skin oils and therefore is easily absorbed by the skin. It contains vitamins A, D and E, all of which are good for your hair and skin.
- HEMP SEED OIL: This cold pressed oil contains Vitamin E and is rich in fatty acids which soften and coats the hair, preventing moisture loss. Used by many in the skin and hair care industry as a natural moisturizer.
- VITAMIN E OIL: Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant known to make hair more lustrous, shinier, and stronger. It's been known to stimulate hair growth. It also acts as a skin moisturizer and promotes general skin health.
- ENERGIZING BLEND: Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Peppermint. A scent designed to increase alertness and energy. It is a very fresh, crisp, cool scent. (Bonus feature: these three essential oils also act as a natural insect repellent!)
- AUTUMN SPICE: Orange, Cinnamon, Patchouli and Clove. A warm and spicy blend that calls to mind autumn leaves, bonfires, and mulled apple cider.
- PATCHOULI MINT: Patchouli, Cedarwood, Spearmint, and Eucalyptus. This is a bright and refreshing take on the popular patchouli scent. Something magical happens when patchouli and mint come together that you simply need to smell to believe.
- SCOTCH PINE: Scotch Pine, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, and Rosemary. A clean, fresh scent that is like strolling through a grove of evergreens after a spring rain.
- GHILLIE: Vetiver, Orange, Rosemary and Lavender. This organic, earthy smelling blend is named after those Highland men who worked closest to the land, the ghillie. Subtle and masculine, this is the sent of a day spent stalking the deer through the damp heather, with dirt under your nails, with the threat of a thunderstorm on the breeze.
- VILLAGE BAY: Bay, Orange, Clove, Allspice. A rich, masculine scent reminiscent of bay rum. Named for the largest bay in St. Kilda.
- SUNDAY MORNING: Frankincense, Myrrh, and Coffee. Our holiest scent! It smells like that moment when the incense at High Mass wafts into your mustache and blends with the remnants of that morning's cup of Java... in other words, heavenly.
- SANCTUS: Frankincense, Myrrh, Cedarwood, Orange. A crisp, light scent with notes of cedar and citrus. "His beauty will be like the olive tree and his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon" (Hosea 14:6).
- EXSULTET: Frankincense, Patchouli, Myrrh, Balsam, Lavendar. A rich, heady scent reminiscent of the sacred chrism used at baptisms.
- TABULA RASA: From the Latin for "blank slate." This unscented version is perfect for men who don't wear a scent, or who don't want anything that would compete with their cologne. Tabula Rasa contains no essential oils and so is especially recommended for those with very sensitive skin.